Friday 27 November 2015

Street Art of Berlin

I visited Germany courtesy of Railbookers Australia.

A year ago I wrote an article on the Alternative Berlin Street Art Tour for The Age newspaper here in Melbourne. You can read it by clicking here.

It was fun to attend and write about, particularly as we were led by an actual street artist who could explain the philosophy and techniques behind the art.

As always with such articles, there was limited space for accompanying photographs. And images were, of course, the heart of the subject.

So here's a selection of art I encountered along the streets of the German capital that day in September 2014... ending with a spray-painted cat I created myself at the artists' studio inside a former East Berlin margarine factory:


 








The Alternative Berlin Street Art Tour costs €18; click here for times and booking details.

No comments:

Post a Comment